TRY TO THINK OF SOMETHING NOT FOR WHAT IT ONCE WAS, BUT FOR WHAT IT CAN BE.

if you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

aren't we the friendliest?

pinoytumblr:





Last night at a coffee shop with a friend, I did not quite expect an encounter with my own people. Well, two of them.


Coming back from the men’s room I found my friend with an awkward smile, pointing at a tray of used plates and cups on our table. I asked what that tray was doing there as we only had coffee; he carefully glanced at the lady at the next table, gesturing that she put it there.


I turned to the lady and just before I could say anything, she gestured both her hands and with a face, coupled with glaring angry eyes, that screamed “WHAT?!!?” I asked if she did put that tray on our table and she vehemently shook her head, frowning at me like I’m some dirty leper from Jesus’ backyard.


Fine, I turned back to my friend and asked again if he was sure if she indeed put the tray on our table. Just then, a Japanese guy came up to me and gently explained: “Sir, nakita ko po na siya ang naglagay ng tray sa table nyo.” Yes, in very polite Tagalog. Instead of lashing back at the lady, I was impressed at his mastery of the Filipino language that I just told him how good his Filipino was, and simply thanked him for his honesty. To which he replied, “Walang anuman po.”


Read More



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers